Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujita f3.5/135mm.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Fujita f3.5/135mm. Reply with quote

Made by Fujita Kogaku Kogyo, formerly (probably) Fujita Kogaku Kikai. Also made FujitaR, Kalimar, Kaligar and various other "merchant" brands.
(source Camerapedia et al.)
For such an innovative company, there's so little information. Probably went the same way as many lens companies when the big guys muscled in with patents and licences. There's still Fujita companies around making various electronic/engineering equipment but seems tae be no direct link.

It is reputed tae be the smallest 135mm prime. What it is...

#3 - f5.6 - f22

It has a very shallow depth of field, needing careful adjustment, which takes a bit of getting used to. Ah'll get better.

What it does...

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the images look nice except number 2.

Very weird CA in number 2.

I like the look of this lens. Colour rendition is very nice.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PB,

Don't think it's mainly CA in #2, though there is some. Ah think more likely a very strong sun on the leaf edges. Here's a crop; the leaves have lots of "hairs" all round their edges which are magnifying the sun's rays.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, much better than I expected, looks like a really nice lens.

The only Fujitas I see for sale tend to be the ones made for the Kowa/Kaligar 6x6 SLR.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian,

Aye , was impressed myself. Got it very cheaply (£22) and it has a slightly bulging bump on the lens edge but it doesn't affect the elements or focus. Takes a filter, no problem.

These shots were taken with my Sony A700 and it's purported tae be better on film . Ah'll try it with my 8000i and Fujica.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAo2 wrote:
Hi PB,

Don't think it's mainly CA in #2, though there is some. Ah think more likely a very strong sun on the leaf edges. Here's a crop; the leaves have lots of "hairs" all round their edges which are magnifying the sun's rays.

Isn't that still chromatic aberration? It's not the typical purple fringe but it still looks odd.

I don't know enough to say with any authority but it isn't catching the image correctly isn't it?

I can appreciate you 'testing' the lens. Shooting directly into the sun you are asking for trouble regardless of the quality of the lens. Obviously the better lens will cope better.

I reckon it's a nice lens. I like the way it renders colour. Nice and rich. Cool Laughing