Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Isco Göttingen Tele-Westanar 180mm F4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Isco Göttingen Tele-Westanar 180mm F4 Reply with quote

I have always shied away from the Isco label because of a notion that they were inferior. Somewhere I have read that they were linked to Schneider but not of the same high quality.

This was the reason I was gladly amazed by the output of this lens. The result are more in line with my schneider lenses. Beautiful colours, good sharpness and bokeh. Bokeh i find very schneider-ish.... Maybe because of the 14 aparture blades.

If anyone have more knowledge of this label please share.

The 135mm Isco in the mf gallery is the same design as mine. I guess that one is yours Attila?
Sorry about not having a photo of the lens itself.
I did actually find my lens on "captain Jacks exakta page" though mine is m42.

Some results from a trip with the new lens.

/Jan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a very nice lens, congratulations!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats,

#2 is very nice, soft bokeh and quite sharp!
Interesting lens, no doubt.

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a worthwhile lens. Nicely sampled.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Isco Göttingen Tele-Westanar 180mm F4 Reply with quote

Wormhandler wrote:
This was the reason I was gladly amazed by the output of this lens. The result are more in line with my schneider lenses. Beautiful colours, good sharpness and bokeh.

+1

I love it for arhitecture shots. Extremely sharp wide-open and nearly no chromatic aberrations. I posted samples in over-sized gallery:

http://forum.mflenses.com/isco-tele-westanar-4-180mm-t34706.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have always shied away from the Isco label because of a notion that they were inferior. Somewhere I have read that they were linked to Schneider but not of the same high quality.

Naturally this was wrong almost any made lenses are excellent only a few exceptions are out there. Congrats! Rare , great lens!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong too. I knew -badly, of course- that the isco were schneider's cheaper and less quality lenses.

They were cheaper than the schneider's first class babies, and they were used in cheaper cams (specially in RF ones). But since has demonstrated here, the isco lenses don't produce pics with less IQ, at least in glasses for SRL cams.