Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meostigmat 50mm/1.0 @ NEX-6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Meostigmat 50mm/1.0 @ NEX-6 Reply with quote

Czech Projector Lens Meopta Meostigmat 1.0/50mm
converted by Henry (Hinnerker) for Sony E-Mount
A real Fun Lens... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics restored & updated

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I like those pictures a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for re-upload, beautiful pics!! what is working distance ? I have 50mm f1.2.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Many thanks for re-upload, beautiful pics!! what is working distance ? I have 50mm f1.2.

Working distance from infinity to about 0.3m !

After finishing work on the newly VNEX KB "short" adaptor, the modification looks like that..
Sorry for fast taken flashlight pictures...

as you can see, a simple "screw in"-solution for the VNEX KB "short"...

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice conversion work!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:
Attila wrote:

After finishing work on the newly VNEX KB "short" adaptor, the modification looks like that..

Cheers
Henry

hi,
just bought the romanian copy of this lens, IOR Bucuresti Supercin 50/1, I want to mount it on a nex 6.
I have a problem, even with the lens put flush agains the mount I can only "focus" to about 1 meter.
from the picture I can tell that you machined the housing. How much did you machined and what you did to keep the back group fixed to the body.
thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad Parau wrote:
hinnerker wrote:
Attila wrote:

Cheers
Henry

hi,
just bought the romanian copy of this lens, IOR Bucuresti Supercin 50/1, I want to mount it on a nex 6.
I have a problem, even with the lens put flush agains the mount I can only "focus" to about 1 meter.
from the picture I can tell that you machined the housing. How much did you machined and what you did to keep the back group fixed to the body.
thanks.

Why don't you contact Henry directly? I'm sure he's willing to sell you a version of his product.
But I doubt that he gives away the precise production details, or would you?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, good idea. And yes, why should he (Henry), after having invested so much time and money into his solution... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Glad Parau wrote:
hinnerker wrote:
Attila wrote:

Cheers
Henry

hi,
thanks.

Why don't you contact Henry directly? I'm sure he's willing to sell you a version of his product.
But I doubt that he gives away the precise production details, or would you?

I am not looking to steal his product, just a broke student looking to make use of an old projector lens and I am seeking guidance and pointers so I dont mess up the lens.
I am a big fan of the DIY world and VNEX adapters but I don't have 100+ euros for that kind of adapter.
Hope you all understand. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad, I've adapted to my NEX the 50mm f/1 IOR Supercin lens. To make it focus to infinity you need to cut (lathe) a little of the rear of the lens barrel. You'll need to enlarge a little the opening of the rear lens as well for a better coverage.
The Supercin lens is almost identical with this Meostigmat (I have both lenses). Probably the coating is different.
With these adjustments the 50mm f/1 Supercin can be focused to infinity with a M52mm Chinese helicoid on the NEX cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
Glad, I've adapted to my NEX the 50mm f/1 IOR Supercin lens. To make it focus to infinity you need to cut (lathe) a little of the rear of the lens barrel. You'll need to enlarge a little the opening of the rear lens as well for a better coverage.
The Supercin lens is almost identical with this Meostigmat (I have both lenses). Probably the coating is different.
With these adjustments the 50mm f/1 Supercin can be focused to infinity with a M52mm Chinese helicoid on the NEX cameras.

Thanks Dan, this is what I was interested in.
Tomorow I will visit a friend that has a lathe to do these operations.
And one more thing, how did you secure the rear group to the lens body? because cutting the rear part you loose the threads that keep it together.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not hijack the topic and let's continue through PM Glad.
PM sent with some details on this adaptation and a photo of the adapted lens.