Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 75mm E Rokkor on Minolta Zealox bellows on Nex 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Minolta 75mm E Rokkor on Minolta Zealox bellows on Nex 5 Reply with quote

Finally my M39 to Minolta SR mount adapter arrived in the mail today...
...this is the final piece in what has been quite a long acquisition period to get this little kit together.
First I acquired my Minolta 75mm f4.5 E Rokkor lens before christmas in what I thought was pristine condition, but after close inspection today it is actually quite hazy and will need to be taken in for a clean. I can't have been very thorough checking that upon arrival all those months ago.
Next, after much searching I manage to track down this Minolta Zealox bellows. Great I thought, now I can shoot some great macro work. But alas my E rokkor lens was in a screw mount.
I must confess I forgot whether it was m42 or m39, so after a few different attempts I finally ordered the right adapter and it arrived this afternoon. So of course I strapped it on my Nex5 and ran outside for a quick snap.
It was quite late and the light was fading fast so please excuse the high iso.

Here is my little rig, I shot the first few shots free hand after much difficulty I went to fetch my el'cheapo tri-pod. Very Happy

These first few are free hand, quite difficult actually, good challenge.

I used my stand for these, still quite hit and miss, just due to hand movement, will have to invest in a remote in the future.

I look forward to getting the lens cleaned and getting a bit more practice in with a few more interesting subjects in the future. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks better than decent!

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, yes I'm looking forward to finding some more interesting subject matter. It will also be good to get this lens a nice clean, that should definitely help to sharpen things up a bit more. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also am looking to shoot this rig with much more light. As I had to shoot these wide open and was still struggling in the fading light, thus the thin depth of field. I think if I can work with much more light, I will be able to stop it down a few clicks and get a larger field of view. All things to try. Very Happy