Specifications, comparison, reviews,
MTF-charts for lenses by Canon,
Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus,
Sigma, Tamron, Carl Zeiss, etc.
Do you like a good instrumental music?
Listen to new beautiful music from composer Sergei Borodin. Click HERE...
3.5 0 491
3.5 0 415
3 0 424
Owner reviews: Canon EF-M 22 mm f/ 2 STM
- Very compact and light
- Bright f/2.0
- Handy 22mm focal length for general usage
- 7 rounded aperture blades
- Fulltime manual focus
- Metal lens mount
- Front element doe not rotates during focusing
- A bit slow focus speed stepping motor compared to existing USM variants
- Uncommon 43mm filter diameter
- Small and expensive lens hood
- No optical image stabilization
- Not weather sealed, front element simply moves out/in during focusing operation
This is in my opinion a must have fixed lens that everybody should have for their Canon EOS-M cameras.
This 22mm covers about the same visual field of an fullframe 35mm lens. Its fast f/2 aperture helps in low light condition or for providing some amount of background blur.
The only dranwback is the relativly slow stepping motor that moves the focusing the internals. Not a problem in most situations but I prefer the quick USM variants.
The image quality this small prime delivers is very good for the prize.
Very Sharp lens (best ef-m family)
Slow and noisy focus
Very good quality and sharp lens