Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A.Schacht Ulm Edixa-M-Travenar-A 1:2,8/50 Macro-Tubus m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: A.Schacht Ulm Edixa-M-Travenar-A 1:2,8/50 Macro-Tubus m42 Reply with quote

Last edited by Nordentro on Wed May 25, 2011 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see rare things like this, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures and nice lens ... I really like the reflections in the eyes of the child ...

You are really feeding my LBA Twisted Evil ...

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to also have a macro-zebra in the collection Wink

Little pricey, but feels solid and heavy. IQ seems to be ok. The lens is quite small collapsed (smaller than the Volna 9, but bigger than the Industar 61 LZ).

You can also split the lens and use the tubus on other lenses Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to your new acquisition and great shots! The title is misleading, should read 2.8/50mm Macro-Travenar if I remember correctly what is written on mine as it is not only the macro tube but the total lens system including that sunken lens head (great on bellows also as it allows infinity.

My friend Jack has more about it here: http://captjack.exaktaphile.com/Schacht%20page.htm

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Congrats to your new acquisition and great shots! The title is misleading, should read 2.8/50mm Macro-Travenar if I remember correctly what is written on mine as it is not only the macro tube but the total lens system including that sunken lens head (great on bellows also as it allows infinity.

My friend Jack has more about it here: http://captjack.exaktaphile.com/Schacht%20page.htm

Your right, title is updated Wink

I've seen Jack's site several times, great site! Very Happy

Thx for commenting Klaus

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

My copy, with the sunken lens is marked Em-Travenar 1:2,8/50. there's no mention of 'macro' on the lens , just on the focus ring 'Makro-Tubus'

It's a great lens Like 1 small

Some more information here - https://photobutmore.de/exakta/objektive/balgenobjektive/

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three of the things. One absolute mint copy in the original Schact fuzzy outside tube in m42. One beat up exakta copy that I have managed to put a m42 adapter on to use with my various m42 enlarger and bellows lenses. I do have the exakta lens that fits it but its hazy and the aperture is featherlight and jumps if you barely touch it Also the third is a reasonably pretty m42 copy but the helcoid is a bit stiff. As I mentioned in another thread these are much better kit than the chinese m42 helicoids you can get for 20 or so.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 WOW!!! Like especially the bees knees and the self portrait.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
kds315* wrote:

My copy, with the sunken lens is marked Em-Travenar 1:2,8/50. there's no mention of 'macro' on the lens , just on the focus ring 'Makro-Tubus'

It's a great lens Like 1 small

Some more information here - https://photobutmore.de/exakta/objektive/balgenobjektive/
I think Schacht lenses are greatly underrated. I think they are generally as good as the much pricier Steinheil and better than Enna.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]I think Schacht lenses are greatly underrated. I think they are generally as good as the much pricier Steinheil and better than Enna.[/quote]

Definitly underrated. The Macro 50 / 2.8 is as good as my Takumar 50 / 4 macro. I also have a Schacht Travegar 100 / 3.3 which is excellent. O f course they are lenses of their time, they aren't comparable to modern lenses, bnut they were among the best of their time, that's for sure.