Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura Kohki 105mm f2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Komura Kohki 105mm f2 Reply with quote

All shot wide open Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok sharpness and not a huge lot of contrast (fixable these days so not really a problem), but what I like is it has an interesting glow.

I'd like to see more from this. Good catch!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At f/2 I think it looks quite good. I love Komura lenses. Well made, aren't they?!!! Mine had a very nice feel and the aperture rings work so smoothly. Where did you find it? I was looking for one too and let one get away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite as sharp wide open that I hoped for, but I'll run some more tests before I make up my mind Very Happy

Build quality is very good, with smooth aperture ring for sure Very Happy
I found the lens on ebay.co.uk

Thx for commenting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results look nice so far, outright sharpness isn't always everything, I know it's desirable but on a lens so suitable for portraits there are more important things!

The lens is a nice looking thing too Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That glow/softness on the portrait does a lot for it.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens would deserve full frame i think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komura was never been famous from sharp lenses at wide open, but sharpness is not everything.. I like it's output.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, sharpness isn't everything Very Happy

My impression is that Komura lenses is a bit rare on the used market?!?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I agree, sharpness isn't everything Very Happy

My impression is that Komura lenses is a bit rare on the used market?!?

Very rare and under rated especially their more common lenses . I had 200mm and 135mm both are sold after test I found their color rendering was better than most lenses from that ages.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I needed to clean some dust of this lens so I took a couple of shoots with it.

I think I need to use this lens more, I almost forgot I got it Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a nice picture!
Taken WO??
This lens deserves good use!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like this lens..incredible sharpness and bokeh ..perfect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for your response, I don't remember if I shot this wide open or close to wide open to be honest Wink

Bokeh is soft and nice. I count 12 blades inside.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last picture is wonderful, the sharpness on the eyes is perfect. I'd be very happy with that lens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mileage may vary but I have always found most Komuras to be very good with blues. Not sure why ? The other lens I find good for blues is the SMC Tak 200/4 again not sure why? It is the only Tak I find way above par with blues. Of course I like a Leica blue too but thats another story Smile

I find my Komura 135 is great at portraits of people with blue eyes as they really stand out against everything else.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'll have to pay more attention to the blues. I have the f/2.5 version and while it's not my sharpest lens at the length, it has an all around nice character and IQ.