Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Goerlitz Lydith 3.5/30
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Meyer-Optik Goerlitz Lydith 3.5/30 Reply with quote

The lens works rather nice in closeups, it focuses close (0.3) and is a quasi-macro:

The bokeh wide open is a bit funky: Smile

It improves stopped down:

Using hyperfocal I can almost keep everything in acceptable focus. THe drawback is that my orientation seems to suffer from the Pisa Tower Syndrome. Might not be the fault of the lens, though: Wink

Closeup detail rendition is nice:

And I have seen worse bokeh highilights for sure, especially from other wide angles:

I have bought this lens in Budapest and used it there also. It is nice to use thanks to the continuous aperture ring. It needs plenty of sunlight for proper focusing though. Results are more than acceptable especially considering the price which was, if I remember correctly, the equivalent of 12 Euros.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots! I like the kitty of course!

I have that lens also, but was never really satisfied with it,
maybe I did not use it correctly (?), I like the ones by Enna
much more or the Noflexar 35mm or early Takumars.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These shots, esp. the last one, shows that this was a bargain. € 12 well spent, Orio!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fairly small, I like it when I need to pack light because the other lens I have in that range is the mir 10A, which is a monster.

I agree with your conclusions that close up detail is the better option with this lens. I never got anything to impressive when using it at infinity.

(I have the re branded pentacon version)

~Marc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyer-Optik Goerlitz Lydith 3.5/30 Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
my orientation seems to suffer from the Pisa Tower Syndrome. Might not be the fault of the lens, though Wink

More likely it's the vino Twisted Evil

It's nice to see you posting pics from a lens in my price bracket, Orio. It seems better than I'd read about it, but then you can make anything shine!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyer-Optik Goerlitz Lydith 3.5/30 Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

More likely it's the vino Twisted Evil

Laughing

peterqd wrote:
It's nice to see you posting pics from a lens in my price bracket, Orio. It seems better than I'd read about it, but then you can make anything shine!

Well, honestly, it's not that much of a lens. But for the price, you can not beat it. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
peterqd wrote:

YES!