Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokyo Kokagu UV Topcor 100mm f4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Tokyo Kokagu UV Topcor 100mm f4 Reply with quote

After having a satisfied results from the 53mm, I went to search for other focal length of same made. Then I remember this camera shop in town has 2 53mm n 100mm on the shelve for who-knows how long been there. Its collecting dust. Thus, I went there to "save" the 100mm from hibernation. As like the previous thread on 53mm, I tape it to my 4/3 extension tube ( mount plus tube 1 ). Some photos taken around the area.

Some random shots

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buildings shots

Supreme Court

Old building

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens and the tubes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, I have some UV lenses didn't try it yet. An UV camera coming too I will test them with film.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this lens for?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
What is this lens for?

Topcon UV mount cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Orio wrote:
What is this lens for?

Topcon UV mount cameras.

OK, but I mean, what is the purpose of a UV camera? I am very ignorant of the subject.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:
Orio wrote:
What is this lens for?

Topcon UV mount cameras.

OK, but I mean, what is the purpose of a UV camera? I am very ignorant of the subject.

This is an ordinary camera no ultra-violet , budget level of Topcon with own mount called UV.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great news, I have some UV lenses didn't try it yet. An UV camera coming too I will test them with film.

Hooray ! Look forward to your samples ! Laughing

Oh ya, some of my friends also thought UV = Ultra-violet, commonly abbreviated in filters arena.

I could not find the camera over here. Thus, most of the lenses that do not have a camera to mount on were put on the shelves for x amount of time, collecting dust in the shop. Sad case indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:
Orio wrote:
What is this lens for?

Topcon UV mount cameras.

This is an ordinary camera no ultra-violet , budget level of Topcon with own mount called UV.

I read some where that UV Topcor lenses were made for Topcon leaf shutter SLR's like the Uirex and Auto-100.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't understand is: why one day I should wake up and use a UV camera instead of a normal camera?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
What I don't understand is: why one day I should wake up and use a UV camera instead of a normal camera?

this is not UV camera , nothing special about this camera, it is just a normal camera with acronym "UV". Hope that clears up your misunderstanding. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krisgage wrote:

I read some where that UV Topcor lenses were made for Topcon leaf shutter SLR's like the Uirex and Auto-100.

You're right, i have a Topcon Unirex, which has a leaf shutter ...
Too pity, those cameras were really well built apart from the shutter, which is their weakness ...

I'm wondering about getting a crap lens, remove the lenses, and mount the two UV Topcors i have in front of it, just to use the diaphragm of the crap lens ...

Cheers