Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enna München Lithagon 28mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Enna München Lithagon 28mm f3.5 Reply with quote

Enna München Lithagon 28mm f3.5

Lens Details:
M42 mount
Preset aperture; f3.5 and then f4 to f22 with clicks at full stops.
The distance scale is in feet only and the minimum focus distance is less than 1 ft.
There are 7 aperture blades
52mm filter thread.
Designation is just Lithagon, not Ultra-Lithagon

I've not seen another sample that looks like exactly like this one after a modest bit of web searching. Does anyone has any information on when this lens might I have been made?

I really like this lens. Performance is very good indeed. Testing on m4/3, centre sharpness is excellent even wide open with a modest fall off at the edges. This sample suffers from a bit of decentreing so the right side is a bit softer that the left.

Centre sharpness is consistent from f3.5 to f8 (there is no obvious peak), and then degrades at f11 and f16. It's never less than very good though.

The edge sharpness peaks at f8, but the extreme right side on my copy only matches the left side at f16. On 4/3, this edge defect is not noticeable in practice.

The lens also captures colours nicely. It looks to be single coated only, so contrast is not at modern standards, but is pretty good nonetheless.

The close focus works very well, maintaining the central sharpness even wide open.

In the examples below, taken with Oly OM-D E-M5, the close focus shots are all at f3.5 and the landscapes at f5.6. Taken 27 Oct and 10 Nov respectively with weak, late-Autumn sunshine in northern England, so don't expect really vibrant colours. The only PP is modest levels adjustment; but not too much so as to make the colours stronger than they really were. Some are cropped for composition reasons.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a very decent lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for your rare lens! Enna lenses usually not up to Germans standards, not even close, they in general perform like cheap Japanese mass produced unknown brand lenses Sad So you got a real gem really! Nice presentation as well!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Congrats for your rare lens! Enna lenses usually not up to Germans standards, not even close, they in general perform like cheap Japanese mass produced unknown brand lenses Sad So you got a real gem really! Nice presentation as well!

It really depends on the model and formula. My experience has been that the 4.5/35 is not very good, it is slow, soft, gives soft contrast and soft colors, as well as prone to flare. But it was also one of the very first retrofocus lenses ever made. The 3.5/35 is a little bit better in every regard, and the 2.8/35 is very good indeed. I've not tried the 28mm because they're harder to find and people usually want crazy prices for them. The real issue with the Enna lenses is the build quality of the later ones which is probably worse than most cheap Japanese lenses... (actually I can't think of any Japanese lenses that seem cheaper/flimsier)

I think the OP's Lithagon is probably from the mid 1960s, before they started making plastic barrels.