All About Photographic Lenses.
Specifications, comparison, reviews, MTF-charts for lenses by Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Sigma, Tamron, Carl Zeiss, etc.
Forum

Do you like a good instrumental music?
Listen to new beautiful music from composer Sergei Borodin. Click HERE...

Lens Yashica ML 50 mm f/ 1.4

peterb :: 11.02.2013 18:01:09

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Lens Yashica ML 50 mm f/ 1.4
Format: 35mm SLR

Type: Prime lens

Focusing: Manual Focus (MF)

Lens mounts: C/Y (contax/yashica)

Optical scheme: 7 elements in 6 groups

Optical scheme

Specifications:

Focal lengthMax. apertureMin. apertureBladesMin. Focus (m.)Filter Ø (mm.)Weight (gr.)Height (mm.)
50mmf/1.4f/1680.55230053.5

peterb :: 11.02.2013 18:04:29

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Used many times and one of my favorite lenses. very sharp mall around and even wide open, the corners were clean. The only issue over the years were oily blades on one example. Otherwise, very solid metal build throughout.

Also used on my Olympus dslr for astro work. Sold a few years ago from nin-use but now I regret it as prices seem to have gone up.

if you have one, keep it.... or sell it to me cheap.

Thanks

CarlosPTY :: 20.05.2016 23:19:14
Carlos Saldana
Panama
lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

There is a girl selling an old camera in an online listing for $35 and I barely could see that it had that lens atached, contacted her and yes, it was this Yashica lens. The problem is that she lives very far from my place so have to think twice before going there, since she knows nothing about lens care, so can't guess exactly what I'm going for. The listing had several months at the time I saw it, and still have her phone number. Would this $35 lens worth the time and gas if it's in good shape?

Thanks!

Back to top page

You must be logged in to add a message