All About Photographic Lenses.
Specifications, comparison, reviews, MTF-charts for lenses by Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Sigma, Tamron, Carl Zeiss, etc.
Forum

Do you like a good instrumental music?
Listen to new beautiful music from composer Sergei Borodin. Click HERE...

Lens Canon FL 28 mm f/ 3.5

Jahemi :: 17.10.2018 00:37:58

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Lens Canon FL 28 mm f/ 3.5
Format: 35mm SLR

Type: Prime lens

Focusing: Manual Focus (MF)

Lens mounts: Canon FL

First year of production: 1966

Optical scheme: 7 elements in 7 groups

Optical scheme

Specifications:

Focal lengthMax. apertureMin. apertureBladesMin. Focus (m.)Filter Ø (mm.)Weight (gr.)Height (mm.)
28mmf/3.5f/1660.45824040

Jahemi :: 17.10.2018 00:48:02

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

very underated image quality, virtually distortion and ca free so it's resolution is very fine and the sharpness stellar

this is one lens, when discovered (it is over 50 years old) in acceptable condition without haze or internal mold, that will shock you if you do landscapes

I use it with a Hexanon 28 3.5, 7 element and a Minolta 28 2.5 because all 3 render uniquely, are very sharp, and provide different perspectives for landscape images .... there is nonsense out there regarding Tokina 28mm's and don't buy into that stuff ...I have several versions and samples of Tokina 28's on hand and none of them compare even remotely close to the 3 I mentioned, in fact they destroy distant foilages in landsacpes. Buy the 3 I mentioned and you won't be sorry you wasted so much on a Distagon you did not need at all? 

64 years old and doing photography since I was 12, I'm hardly a learner.... 

Back to top page

You must be logged in to add a message