All About Photographic Lenses.
Specifications, comparison, reviews, MTF-charts for lenses by Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Sigma, Tamron, Carl Zeiss, etc.
Forum

Do you like a good instrumental music?
Listen to new beautiful music from composer Sergei Borodin. Click HERE...

Lens Yashica Yashikor 28 mm f/ 2.8 Auto

Jahemi :: 26.11.2018 06:08:26

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Lens Yashica Yashikor 28 mm f/ 2.8 Auto
Format: 35mm SLR

Type: Prime lens

Focusing: Manual Focus (MF)

Lens mounts: M42

Specifications:

Focal lengthMax. apertureMin. apertureBladesMin. Focus (m.)Filter Ø (mm.)Weight (gr.)Height (mm.)
28mmf/2.8f/2260.355

Jahemi :: 26.11.2018 06:26:25

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

this is NOT an M42 mount, it is a T4 type mount of somekind. Please observe the surface face area of the mount and notice a small ridge that rises up just before the threads? The only thing that fits that contour is a form of T mount, there are set screws on the side of T mounts thatallow you to adjust height for proper register distance... focus  ? 

Everyone assumes these are M42 mounts, and they are not so everything people judge and write about them based on them being m42 means the review is flawed and incorectly performed using the wrong mount, not the lens performance so it's an excellent example of mass misinformation based on asumption using ignorance?

It just doesn't lose infinity, the whole entirity is off if the register is off 

People on the Yashica Forum don't even know what this lens is 

Sun used a T mount to compete with Tokina, Sun was a major supplier to Soligor Allied Impex and Ponder and Best tried to do something about both of them, I believe Komine may have been Sun Optical bidding for Vivitar work but that's my theory only. They created that name to please Ponder and Best to get in the door. Tokina was well establsihed with Vivitar for years before. 

At least I have a theory about Komine compared to whether it just existed or not,,,the reason no info

exist because it was shadow company for Sun Optical to keep Vivitar shareholders happy with being 'exclusive" 

Back to top page

You must be logged in to add a message