remember me Forgot your password?
Sign in    Registration                 We’re creating the largest and most complete database of photographic lenses in the world! Join us!
All About Photographic Lenses.
Specifications, comparison, reviews,
MTF-charts for lenses by Canon,
Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus,
Sigma, Tamron, Carl Zeiss, etc.

Forum

Do you like a guitar? We have the best covers of classic and popular music for a guitar.
Sheet music and tabs. Look it...

Lens Yashica Yashikor 28 mm f/ 2.8 Auto

Jahemi :: 26.11.2018 06:08:26

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Lens Yashica Yashikor 28 mm f/ 2.8 Auto
Format: 35mm SLR

Type: Prime lens

Focusing: Manual Focus (MF)

Lens mounts: M42

Specifications:

Focal lengthMax. apertureMin. apertureBladesMin. Focus (m.)Filter Ø (mm.)Weight (gr.)Height (mm.)
28mmf/2.8f/2260.355

Jahemi :: 26.11.2018 06:26:25

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

There are two (2) distinctly different versions of the Auto Yashikor Yashica, the internal mechanics are different - front and rear inside. Physically outside, they appear identical but one has traditional straight head screws that protrude and the other uses micro small inset screws with no heads at all. Quickest way to tell is look at the aperture ring, one is smooth and has no screws next to F22 and F2.8 on the scale and one does. I've also seen a non-tapered version (focus ring) so there could be three (3) versions, maybe all 3 differ - I do not know. Tomioka Optical and Machinery supplied lenses to Yashica until Yashica purchased them in 1968. Yashica had a practice of purchasing progressive camera companies well established and as a direct result, had enormous success and huge demand for their products that were greater than what Tomioka could meet the demand for. Tomioka was purchased and Carl Zeiss licesning began, including collabarations. Several small companies bid for production work regarding the lower than Contax/Tomioka quality lenses...so it was done by who knows? Yashica through one of their own separate from Tomioka plants, or through some vendor contracted to produce a lens for Yashica. The version pictured here is the best, I'm convinced it is Tomioka made and it has better optics than my ML 28 (which could be Tomioka or Yashica plant made, it in no way shape or form resembles a distagon though).  

Back to top page

You must be logged in to add a message