remember me Forgot your password?
Sign in    Registration                 We’re creating the largest and most complete database of photographic lenses in the world! Join us!
All About Photographic Lenses.
Specifications, comparison, reviews,
MTF-charts for lenses by Canon,
Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus,
Sigma, Tamron, Carl Zeiss, etc.

Forum

Do you like a guitar? We have the best covers of classic and popular music for a guitar.
Sheet music and tabs. Look it...

Lens Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 20 mm f/ 4

Melot :: 13.12.2018 21:54:36

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Lens Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 20 mm f/ 4
Format: 35mm SLR

Type: Prime lens

Focusing: Manual Focus (MF)

Lens mounts: M42

First year of production: 1963

Last year of production: 1978

Optical scheme: 10 elements in 6 groups

Specifications:

Focal lengthMax. apertureMin. apertureBladesMin. Focus (m.)Filter Ø (mm.)Weight (gr.)Height (mm.)
20mmf/4.0f/2260.167730055

Melot :: 13.12.2018 22:22:47

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Hello, 

I hope the poor english of a froggy photographer won't be a problem for you.

There's something I don't understand about the CZJ Flektogon 20 mm f/4 lens. Two lenses with the same optical design were made by Carl Zeiss in Jena. One is black, the other has the famous zebra design. Prices are very different between them. The black made of plastic is twice expensive than the other one which review on the data base gives a better score for its quality. Sure, it's owned by a single user, so that the opinion is quite subjective. And that why I'm openin a subject on it.

I'm in trouble, cause I'd like to buy one of these lenses. For several months, I've been buying lenses always trusting the comments on your great data base. And I've bought your software for my cell phone, very usefiull when l'm outside trying to find some bargain.

I've noticed that, except the 2.8 aperture model, another model opening at four exists, with the red label "MC", and it is a little bit more expensive then the simple black one.

As would play Miles Davis : So what ? It would be very kind of you if you could help me getting of that smog.

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre

Melot :: 17.12.2018 02:53:00

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Thank's for the answer, 

I learned much reading all your comments so various and numerous. I was expecting more, but I was wrong.

Regards

JPM

Melot :: 22.12.2018 16:44:28

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

merci pour le réponse, j'ai achété le 2.8

Vous m'avez beaucoup aidé par vos conseil

Melot :: 24.12.2018 16:57:19

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

I'll post pictures and add comments when the weather is more sunny in Biarritz to tell you how I feel with th felktogon 20 mm f/2.8 mounted on my Sony A7rII, my OMD-EM1-II and my Yashica electro.

Merry Christmas and happy new year ;) 

Back to top page

You must be logged in to add a message