All About Photographic Lenses.
Specifications, comparison, reviews, MTF-charts for lenses by Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Sigma, Tamron, Carl Zeiss, etc.
Forum

Do you like a good instrumental music?
Listen to new beautiful music from composer Sergei Borodin. Click HERE...

Lens Vivitar 200 mm f/ 3.5 (Kino)

FrankW :: 23.02.2019 20:47:16

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Lens Vivitar 200 mm f/ 3.5 (Kino)
Format: 35mm SLR

Type: Prime lens

Focusing: Manual Focus (MF)

Lens mounts: C/Y (contax/yashica), Canon FD, FDn, Konica AR, Nikon F (FX, DX), Olympus OM, Pentax K, Minolta SR (MD, MC), Other mount

Specifications:

Focal lengthMax. apertureMin. apertureBladesMin. Focus (m.)Filter Ø (mm.)Weight (gr.)Height (mm.)
200mmf/3.5f/2261.862675129.5

FrankW :: 23.02.2019 20:57:13

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Hello all,

I found this site hoping to gain insight on how to disassemble a Vivitar 200mm f3.5 Canon mount prime lens that suffers from heavy fungus infestation on the 2nd front lens element.

I was able to remove the beauty ring and 2nd ring with the front lens element, but have been stopped cold at this point.  No amount of pressure with rubber lens tools will loosen the next ring or mount, and removing a tiny screw on the lens barrel body just under the integral lens shade has no effect.

Thoughts?

Frank

FrankW :: 23.02.2019 20:59:46

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

I tried to submit a pair of JPGs to stated dimensions, but it refused.  I'll try once more with this post...

FrankW :: 26.02.2019 02:55:40

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Never mind, I went in through the back of the lens and used extra long cotton tips and peroxide.  Looks fine.

Back to top page

You must be logged in to add a message