All About Photographic Lenses.
Specifications, comparison, reviews, MTF-charts for lenses by Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Sigma, Tamron, Carl Zeiss, etc.
Forum

Do you like a good instrumental music?
Listen to new beautiful music from composer Sergei Borodin. Click HERE...

Lens Vivitar Series 1 70-210 mm f/ 3.5 Macro (I) Kiron

Juan Calleja :: 23.08.2013 17:23:43

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Lens Vivitar Series 1 70-210 mm f/ 3.5 Macro (I) Kiron
Format: 35mm SLR

Type: Zoom lens

Focusing: Manual Focus (MF)

Lens mounts: C/Y (contax/yashica), Canon FD, FDn, Konica AR, M42, Nikon F (FX, DX), Olympus OM, Minolta SR (MD, MC)

First year of production: 1975

Optical scheme: 15 elements in 10 groups

Optical scheme

Specifications:

Focal lengthMax. apertureMin. apertureBladesMin. Focus (m.)Filter Ø (mm.)Weight (gr.)Height (mm.)
70mm - 210mmf/3.5f/2261.9567944157.5

Juan Calleja :: 23.08.2013 17:35:23

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

I just bought a copy of this lens on eBay in Olympus OM mount. Paid $24.00 for it plus $30+ for Shipping. Yeah, I know. According to the seller it's in Mint Condition and the pictures of the item shows that it even still has the paper label which goes around the Zoom/focus collar. And the lens really looked good, too, plus the seller has 99.9% positive feedback, so I guess it'll be good. 

Anyway, I'd like to ask if it's possible to convert the lens to another mount, specifically Nikon F mount? I've read somewhere that it's possible to convert the lens to another mount since the manufacturer actually builds a lens and attaches (sort of) the mount after to make it fit different camera mounts. If anyone has any knowledge about this conversion please let me know. Or maybe point me in the right direction. Thanks

__JC

Radovan :: 23.08.2013 19:57:09
Radovan
Croatia, Zagreb
lvl. 4 (Lens-Pro)

link to one on eBay

or do the search on eBay for "Olympus OM Lens To Nikon F Mount Adapter"

:)

and this is description from seller (a bit rough english)

Adapter Olympus OM lens to Nikon SLR/DSLR

To mount all Olympus OM LENSES on all Nikon SLR/DSLR, The AF doesn't function but it allows to keep the infinity focus ! the diaphragm functions manually. The photographic exposure meter functions with all body.

The adapter is brand new , pro quality, manufactured with brass copper and anodized with chromium, ensure silky smooth operation of your lens and camera.silky smooth operation of your lens and camera.

It supports Infinity Focus.

This adapter you need replace the mount of the Olympus OM lens by unscrewing it yourself (screw included). It is very easy to install and can be reversed.

Juan Calleja :: 03.09.2013 10:32:38

lvl. 1 (Lens-Learner)

Hi Rodovan.

Thanks for the info. I will take a look at the eBay link you gave. 

--JC

Back to top page

You must be logged in to add a message