Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 16-35 mm f/ 2.8 ZA -
- Super-sonic motor (SSM)
- doesn't change its length during zoom
- front element doesn't rotate during focusing
- full frame diagonal angle of view is 107-63°
- crop-factor camera diagonal angle of view is 83-44°
- maximum magnification: 0.24x
- metal barrel
- filter diameter: 83mm
- leaf-type metal hood ALC-SH106 and soft cover are included in set
Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 2.8/16-35 ZA (by classification Sony SAL-1635Z) - fast wide-angle high-quality zoom focused on advanced amateurs and professional photographers.
Three aspherical and two low-dispersion elements provide high optical quality of this lens.
Smooth and low-noise autofocusing is provided by a super-sonic focusing motor SSM. T* multicoating provides a high level of light transition and you get image without reflexes and edge doubling.
Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 16-35 mm f/ 2.8 ZA has an excellent quality of an image in a center of a frame and good quality at edges of a frame at 16-24mm focusing range. Being wide-open image quality provided by this lens drops at the edges of a frame. Significant vignetting can be noticed when used with a fulll frame camera. High quality assembling based on metal and plastic. Focusing ring has a run of 90 degrees.
Links to online resources:
Posted by: a2012 Date of publication: 01.10.2010