Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* DT 16-80 mm f/ 3.5-4.5 ZA
- DT-series lens is only for the APS-C cameras.
- Focal distance of a lens when recalculated to 35mm is 24-120mm.
- Angle of view for the crop-factor cameras through diagonal is 83° - 20°
- Inner focusing, front element doesn’t rotate
- Maximum magnification: 0.24x
- Leaf-type hood and soft-cover are included in set
- Round diaphragm of 7 blades (not 9 as usually Zeiss lenses have)
- Filter diameter: 72mm
Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* DT 3,5-4,5/16-80 ZA (by classification Sony SAL-1680Z) is the only prosumer zoom for the APS-C cameras from a well-known german manufacturer. Small size and wide range of zooming makes this lens a multi-purpose solution for the interior work, portrait work and landscape photography. Lens has two aspherical elements.
Zeiss T* multicoating effectively removes flare and reflexes that disappear even when shooting in backlight. Images provided by Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* DT 16-80 mm f/ 3.5-4.5 have high contrast, vivid colors, high definition and nice bokeh. By its technical characteristics is comes very close to the professional G-type lens.
Zeiss optics resolution fully unlocks the potential of 10-14 Mpix image sensors used on a crop-factor 1.5x modern Sony dSLR cameras. Images provided by this lens are very sharp.
Links to online resources:
Posted by: a2012 Date of publication: 01.10.2010