Specifications, comparison, reviews,
MTF-charts for lenses by Canon,
Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus,
Sigma, Tamron, Carl Zeiss, etc.
5 0 991
Castle of St. Angela
5 0 1306
5 0 1138
5 0 1628
Owner reviews: MC Volna-3 80 mm f/ 2.8
- Slightly soft wide open, VG for portraits, razor sharp from f4;
- pseudo 3-D image;
- nice bokeh;
- no vignetting in FF and crop ));
- build quality, very smooth focus, well-defined movement of aperture ring;
- Low contrast in backlight (in spite of MC, need hood);
- colors tend to red and brownish.
It is my favorite lens, I use it with MF and croped Sony SLT A55V also. This is versatile lens, not for portraits only, I use stiching software for landscapes, it is excellent sharp at infinity. I found the sharpness to be excellent on my Kiev 60 MF and my Sony A55V croped digital. It can easy produces a pseudo 3D effect in close and middle distances. I like its smooth bokeh.
If you have the opportunity to pickup this lens used don't pass it up.