Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 24 mm f/ 2 ZA Lens
Do you like a good instrumental music?
Listen to new beautiful music from composer Sergei Borodin. Click HERE...
|Format: 35mm SLR|
Type: Prime lens
Focusing: Auto Focus (AF)
Lens mounts: Sony A / Minolta A
First year of production: 2010
Optical design: 9 elements in 7 groups (2 Asf, 2 ED)
Features: Ultra-Sonic Motor
|Focal length||Max. aperture||Min. aperture||Blades||Min. Focus (m.)||Filter Ø (mm.)||Weight (gr/oz)||Length (mm/in)|
Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 24 mm f/ 2 ZA
Super-Sonic Motor (SSM)
Diagonal angle of view at full-frame sensor: 84°
Diagonal angle of view at cropped sensor:61°
Maximum magnification: 0.29
Distance transmission (Encoder)
Leaf-type plastic hood ALC-SH110 included in a set
Filter diameter: 78 мм
New product of 2010 year is Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/24 ZA SSM (by classification Sony SAL-24F20Z).
- small high quality fast wide-angle prime lens which provides nice color rendition and good resolution.
- Fast and silent focusing,
- optical design with two aspherical elements made of an Extra-Low Dispersion glass thus minimizing aberrations,
- minimal focusing distance is small,
- Т* multicoating minimizing flare when shooting in backlight.
Links to online resources:
Posted by: a2012 Date of publication: 01.10.2010
Owner reviews: Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 24 mm f/ 2 ZA
Period of use: 2 yearsStrengths:
Well built, heavy. If focus is right, then it's quite sharp, but not as sharp as e.g. Sigma 35/1.4 DG HSM A. Microcontrast is outstanding.
My copy has somehow become defective in focus at the bottom center (adjacent to the center), and becomes at that part acceptable focus at f/9.0 and beyond.